AWARD winning Scanning Electron Microscope image
The results obtained during HETMAT projects were presented at a local art exhibition/competition called ''Majski Salon'' in Ljubljana. The exhibition is one of the most prestigeous art events. We closely cooperated with Dr. Aleš Vaupotič from the University of Nova Gorica who is an expert in comparative literature and art. As a result of this cooperation the presented CuCl thin films which were used in water splitting studies received the prestigeous recognition of Majski Salon during 2014.
Outreach activities about the HETMAT published in local Slovenian newspaper called Primorske Novice. The articles explain the objectives and achievements of the HETMAT project and the role of the university within the local community.
International Workshop on Solar Energy Materials
16.-17.06.2014 Vipava, University of Nova Gorica, Slovenia
The workshop was offered free of charge to students and researchers. Guest speakers were invited from different countries. The topics of the conference cover topics related to preparation, characterization and application of nanomaterials. The program of the workshop is given in the attached file.
1. S. Emin*, M. Pitcher, D. Lisjak, M. Valant, Structural and morphological transformations in textural porous ZnO microspheres, Micropor. Mesopor. Materials 165 (2013) 185-192. (IF=3.3)
2. S. Emin*, M. Fanetti, F. Abdi, R. van der Krol, D. Lisjak, M. Valant, Photoelectrochemical properties of cadmium chalcogenide sensitized textured porous zinc oxide plate electrodes, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 5 (2013) 1113-1121. (IF= 7.1)
3. S. Emin*, F.F. Abdi, M. Fanetti, W. Peng, W. Smith, K. Sivula, B. Dam, M. Valant, A novel approach for the preparation of textured CuO thin films from electrodeposited CuCl and CuBr. Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, 717–8 (2014) 243–249. (IF=2.8)
4. S. Emin*, M. de Respinis, M. Fanetti, W. Smith, M. Valant, B. Dam, A simple route for preparation of textured WO3 thin films from colloidal W nanoparticles and their photoelectrochemical water splitting properties, Appl. Catal. B: Environment 166-167 (2015) 406-412. (IF=8.3)
6. T. Mavric, S. Emin*, M. Valant, W. Peng, U.L. Stangar, The role of polyvinylpyrrolidone in hydrothermally synthesized Ag/ZnO nanocomposites and their photocatalytic activities. J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. 15 (2015) 1–9. (IF=1.3)
5. S. Emin*, M. de Respini, T. Mavric, B. Dam, M. Valant, W. A. Smith, Photoelectrochemical water splitting with porous α-Fe2O3 thin films prepared from Fe/Fe-oxide nanoparticles, Appl. Catal. A 523 (2016) 130-138. (IF=4.0)
6. T. Mavrič, M. Valant, M. Forster, A. J. Cowan, U. Lavrenčič, S. Emin*, Design of a highly photocatalytic active ZnO/CuWO4 nanocomposite, J. Colloid & Interface Science 483 (2016) 93-101. (IF=3.7)
7. S. Emin, M. Valant, Nanostructured semiconductors for efficient water splitting, SPIE, 2015 doi: 10.1117/ 2.1201501.005723